Gym Membership Terms and Conditions
SOUTHSIDE STRENGTH GYM LIMITED
ALL OF THE MEMBERSHIP RULES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN APPLY EQUALLY TO MEMBERS, TEMPORARY MEMBERS AND GUESTS ALIKE THE GYM & FACILITIES All reference to the “Gym” refers to SOUTHSIDE STRENGTH GYM LIMITED, WAREHOUSE 22, SPRUCE AVENUE, SANDYFORD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, DUBLIN 18, IRELAND, its staff, employees, sub-contractors, agents and representatives.
All reference to the “Facilities” refers to the Gym, showers, saunas, changing rooms and fitness studios as available to the Member (where applicable).
Members of the Gym are bound, as a condition of membership, to comply with the rules set out herein. This is to ensure that the Facilities are properly and safely used and that all Members have full advantage of them without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
1. This agreement between you and the Gym (“Agreement”) commences either: a. If you are on the Gym’s premises, once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this website (“Website”) sign up process; OR b. If you are not on the Gym’s premises, once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of Website sign up process and then either entered the Gym’s premises or after a period of 7 days has elapsed, whichever is earlier.
2. Your membership starts immediately upon indicating your acceptance in the Declaration section of Website sign up process. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership you have chosen. FEES AND CHARGES
3. The initial payment (being one month advance payment for membership) is due from you and is payable immediately and is not refundable other than in the event of breach or negligence by the Gym.
4. You hereby consent to a recurring monthly Direct Debit payment (which represents a month advance payment for that month’s membership). You acknowledge that this recurring Debit Direct will continue to apply until you cancel your membership pursuant to these terms and conditions. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment every month regardless of non-attendance, except where the cancellation terms below are met.
5. If you fail to pay any monies due under this Agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of EUR 20 twenty Euros – (which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you).
6. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Member details you provided.
7. If you fail to pay any amount due under this Agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. The reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us. AUTOMATIC RENEWAL
8. We will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit payment amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each Direct Debit payment you make (“Renewal Period”).
9. You may prevent the Renewal Period by cancelling your membership by email.
You may cancel your membership at any time by email only. You expressly acknowledge that it remains your responsibility to cancel your own membership. You expressly acknowledge that you cannot cancel your by any other means than by email. Any purported membership cancellation by verbal or other means does not constitute cancellation of your membership. You expressly acknowledge that if you do not cancel your membership before the end of your next renewal period you will not be entitled to any refund. No refunds can be issued for any membership taken before receipt of email confirmation of cancellation.Please email INFO@SOUTHSIDEGYM.IE from your membership account email only requesting cancellation of your membership. Using the contact us section does not secure the cancellation request as for security reasons the cancellation request must come directly from your email only.
11. The Gym may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of this Agreement and/or Gym Rules (as defined).
12. You agree to comply with Membership Notices (“Rules”) which are displayed in the Gym and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time.
13. All members must bring their membership card on each visit to the Gym. Members can obtain a replacement card if an access card is lost or stolen. Replacement cards are available from reception at a reasonable cost determined by the Gym.
14. The Gym will be opened between the hours as displayed in the Gym. The Gym may in its absolute and sole discretion vary these opening days and times by providing notice to the members. Such notice will be displayed and made clearly visible in the Gym. The Gym will we closed on all public holidays and bank holidays unless otherwise indicated by management which shall be at the absolute and sole discretion of management.
15. You agree to ensure appropriate attire (including covered footwear) will be worn while on the Gym premises and you will use a towel at all times whilst in the Gym and using the Facilities.
16. You agree that all weights and equipment must be put back after use.
17. You agree and acknowledge that that no smoking, alcohol or food is permitted in the Gym.
18. You agree that Gym management reserves the right to refuse entry, cancel a membership or request a member leave the premises if you do not behave in a responsible manner, if you are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or you do not adhere to this Agreement and/or Rules.
19. You agree to promptly report to Gym management any disrespectful or poor behaviour from other members or Gym staff.
20. You acknowledge that the Gym takes no responsibility for any member�s lost or stolen equipment or possessions, which remains at your sole risk.
21. You agree to report to Gym management all faults or damage to Gym equipment or Facilities.
22. You agree and acknowledge that the Gym and Facilities may be unavailable at any particular time due to mechanical breakdown, equipment servicing, fire, catastrophe or any other unforeseen reason. The Gym will not be held responsible or liable for such occurrences.
23. You agree (at your own cost and expense) to obtain medical evaluation, clearance and judgement from a doctor before undertaking any strenuous exercise in the Gym. You agree to promptly inform Gym management in writing, of any and all medical illnesses which may be detrimental to your health if undertaken in conjunction with the Gym equipment or training programme/s.
24. The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by Irish law.
26. FOR THE PURPOSES OF DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF ALL OR ANY PERSONAL DATA AND YOUR PHOTOGRAPHIC / PHYSICAL IMAGE (IN MANUAL, ELECTRONIC, PICTORIAL, VIDEO OR ANY OTHER FORM) WHILE ON THE GYM PREMISES. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO OBTAINING, RECORDING, PHOTOGRAPHING, USING AND HOLDING DATA AS IT RELATES TO YOU WHILE ON THE GYM PREMISES. THE GYM COLLECTS AND PROCESSES SUCH DATA (INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA) FOR THE PURPOSES OF ENSURING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL GYM MEMBERS AND TO EFFECTIVELY MANAGE, OVERSEE AND PROMOTE THE GYM AND ITS FACILITIES.
27. We do not issue refunds all memberships that are processed and paid by members are full and final. This applies strictly to all Annual memberships in particular where we are not required to issue refunds once payment is processed.
COVID-19 – SELF DECLARATION OF HEALTH
28. By agreeing with these terms and conditions you are declaring that
- You have not had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days sore throat, cough, fever (38c), Cough, Breathlessness, Other: specific by email to email@example.com
- You have not travelled in the last 14 days if this is not true please specify travel details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving name of country, date of arrival and date of departure
- You or any immediate family member have come in close contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus in the last 14 days? (“Close contact” means being at a distance of less than one metre for more than 15 minutes.)
We do this as preventive measures for our community to mitigate the risk of a novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in our gym. Also, we are collecting personal date to be able to support local authorities in case of an outbreak. In such a case, the data will help the authorities to trace a human -to-human transmission of the Virus.
If there are any other details you feel you need to declare in relation to Covid 19 or knowledge of contact outside of the above please contact us and the health authority ASAP.